Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Tuesday December 2nd, 2014



Tuesday:

Push Jerk 6x1 / built to #210 - not a comfortable movement for me! I just never feel strong in this movement. I had hoped to get into the 220s, but when I started to kick my leg back a bit I shut it down. Bar felt heavy today.

Then 20 min AMRAP

20 Thrusters #135 (5-5-5-5, 2s for round 2 (and an occasional 3), then singles with the odd double
20 Pull/ups (mostly 7-10 at a time)
20 Burpees (ummm...I just tried to keep moving on these)

3 + 15
Round 1 4:30
Round 2 5:30
Round 3 7:30
15 thrusters in the last 2:30

Very disappointing performance for me today. I had hoped to get into round 5, but I just had it handed to me on the thrusters. I don't feel comfortable position wise and I don';t think I move smoothly on this movement and bleed out a lot of power and effort. I am never able to have a good rack position and get that "pop" out of my hips to initiate the transfer to overhead. The pull-ups felt better than usual, i would say more ok than good (good would have been 20 unbroken). I really need to get myself moving, I feel like I very much behind the curve right now of where I need to be. I need to get my nutrition cleaned up and be more focused during my workouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment