Saturday, October 25, 2014

Barbells for Boobs and some other work!

Saturday morning began with the usual 6:30 AM workout session with those DinaB boys.

SATURDAY
A. Front Squat: 2-2-2-2 41X1, 3:00 rest

#265, getting more comfortable with weight above #250, still lost the front rack on a 2nd rep on one of the sets.

 For time:
1000m row
50 UB double unders
15 Wall walks
50 UB double unders

7:07
Finished the 3:30 row, unbroken DUs and kept moving on the wall walks, and finished with unbroken double unders. This felt solid, except for the row, I feel I should be able to hold my pace for a 1K in the sub 1:40s, I did for the first 500m and then fell off. The DUs felt good today, and I may have been able to push the wall walks a bit faster, but I wasn't sure how they would affect the second DUs so I paced. The last DUs I tried to stay smooth and not rush to sub 7 min it, feeling that slower and smoother beat rushing and failing. overall pretty satisfied with teh effort.

After coaching my Functional Strength Training class, I went with my buddies to the CrossFit Incognito Barbells for Boobs workout in Chillicothe. We did "Grace" - 30 Clean and Jerk (#135) for time. I finished right at 2 minutes and did it with 5 then singles. Felt solid, and I recovered pretty quickly afterwards. Pretty cool day with a lot of my friends, which is what this thing called CrossFit is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment