Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday February 20th, 2014

THURSDAY

A.   15 minutes snatch tech work. 1 power snatch, 2 OHS, 1 hang snatch. Weight to allow for fast under the bar. Speed over load.  

working sets were 75-95-100-105-115-125

The power and OHS felt pretty solid, the hang still feels off. I did hit power snatches at #155 and #165, failed at the #170 attempt, but kissed the bar. The power snatches felt solid. I still need to work on a focus point and not pulling early with arms.



Lactic Endurance
3 Rounds
5 shoulder to overhead #135
7 burpees, AFAP 
9 TTB

I finished in 2:45. This was a tough triplet for me. I didn't seem comfortable on the movements. After the first round, I could not cycle the T2B. I didn't fall into a good rhythm pattern on the STO, weight was not an issue, more of a movement pattern problem.






rest 4:00

3 Rounds
2 Bar Muscle ups
7 KBS - #88
30 double unders

I finished in 2:52. This felt better than I thought it would. The bar muscle up were a bit rougher on rounds two and three. I had a fail early on the last set of DUs.



rest 4:00

30 Squat Cleans, #95

I finished in 3:25. I came apart on these. My form went south after the first 9. i had high hip sand really started to smoke my lower back. I was very rounded and caused myself to dump the bar twice. I'm not real happy about my performance on this portion of today's work. I really need to step back and regain form when movements like this come up. 



No comments:

Post a Comment