Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 1st, 2014

SATURDAY

I felt today's work would be a bit if a test as the front rack walking lunges are not a movement I do much at all, and heavy thrusters usually crush me.  





10:00 @ 85% of 2 rope climbs, 10 wallball #30, 30 double unders. 

5 rounds and 2 rope climbs - this went pretty well, except that while I remembered to wear tights, I forgot long sock and got a bit if rope burn around the ankle area.  I do need some more technique with these as I was really pulling with arms versus using more legs.  The #30 wall balls felt better today and cycled these unbroken for all five rounds.  I only had a miss in two of the five rounds of dubs as well.  I felt this was a solid effort.  

5:00 rest

10:00 @ 85% of 200m row + 12 walking lunge steps w/ #135 front racked.

4 rounds and 150 meters on the row - I held my row to around 1:40-1:45 pace. The rows all felt solid.  The walking lunges were rough. I went for 6 dropped and 6 more back to the rower.  I started to want to dump the bar around rep 5 each way.  I definitely need some work in the front rack getting more mobile and comfortable. I felt it was a decent effort this round.  

4:00 rest

10:00 @ 85% of 6 thrusters, #135, 6 burpees.

5 rounds and 1 thruster - My plan was to split the thrusters into 3s and hit the burpees unbroken, cycling a round every 1:30.  This worked through the first 2 rounds and was close on round 3.  Round 4 really spent me.  I had a miss on a thruster, I really came up on my toes and had to dump the bar.  I finished round 5 in sets if 3s and talked myself into 1 more thruster with 12 seconds left.  This was a very tough couplet.  I felt really spent trying to cycle these thrusters.  

3:00 rest - less time, but I was able to get my heart rate and breathing to come down to a reasonable level. 

10:00 @ 85% of 10 KBS (American) #70 + 2 wall walks + 10 pull ups

5 rounds and 7 kettlebell swings - I felt this set went solid.  I stayed unbroken in the KBS and didn't feel as spent from the #70 as in the past.  Wall walks felt good, no "falling" off. I made myself break the pull ups in to 2 sets of 5 so that I would not rear-tear my hand. These felt solid, and NO TEAR! 

All in all, this was tough because of some of the movements and loads, but I needed this to get out of a comfort zone!

Rest 15 minutes

5 mile time trial on the mountain bike. 

Finished this in a bit under 20 minutes. I felt pretty solid on the bike.  I was glad to keep my lungs breathing in the cold (but not like earlier in the week) air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment