Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday February 13th, 2014

Thursday
A. Snatch tech work. 10 single reps with rest as needed. 1 hang snatch, 2 OHS, 1 hang snatch.
I never seem to feel comfortable in the hang positions. I just don't seem to be able to feel what I'm supposed to be able to move. Awkward! I'm not getting enough hip drive/contact. I feel disjointed.  I started light and worked progressively up to #135. The overhead squats felt pretty solid.


Lactic Endurance
3 Rounds, individually timed. Short rest between
5 Squat cleans start at 135, add per set
10 burpee box jumps

I went #135, #155, and #165 on the squat cleans and finished the rounds in 1:03, 1:08, 1:08.  The squat cleans felt pretty good. On the burpee box jumps, I was able to fall into a bounding rhythm, which would go south more quickly in each successive round. This was a tough couplet. 

rest 5:00

3 Rounds, individually timed. Short rest between
3 rope climbs
7 Russian KBS - #88
30 sec row, all out.

I finished these rounds in 1:15, 1:12 and 1:17. The first round went pretty well. the rope climbs felt good, and surprisingly the #88 kettlebell swing were not quite as bad as I thought. I was able to hold the row in the lower 1:30s and accumulated around 13-14 calories. The third rope climb of the second round felt tough, the KBS and row proceded like the previous round. The final round was rough for climbs two and three. Really started to smoke my grip on this round. THe KBS were solid, but I did notice that my row times crept up to the high 1:30s and the calories dropped slightly.

rest 5:00

3 sets, individually timed. Short rest between
5 Burpees, 10 Air squats, 15 double unders

These were quick rounds. :32, :31, and :32. I went unbroken on the first two rounds of DUs and tripped up on 13 on the last set. These were solid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment