Wednesday, February 5, 2014

February 5th, 2014

WEDNESDAY
This ended up being a tough day for me. Movements were a bit heavier (for me) and difficult (deficit HSPU), but I need these days to get me out of my comfort zone.

A. High Bar Back Squat - 2-2-2-2-2  2:00 rest between

275-285-295-305-305

My legs felt a bit tired today. I didn't really feel like I had a drive out of the whole, and I felt like I had a bit of tilt going on at the bottom.

B. EMOM 20 minutes
2 deadlifts #325
2 strict deficit HSPU
2 box jump to 30"

Each round took left me with 20-25 seconds left, mainly due to the spacing of the pieces of this scheme.

The deadlifts went ok, stayed touch and go for each of the 20  minutes. The deficit HSPU were another story altogether. I did these on a Hi-Temp #45 plates to the ground. I was unable to do these unbroken. I hit single with fails. I may have been too close to the wall as I felt sketchy at the top and wanted to drop away early from the wall. These did not feel good at all. The box jumps were ok, I did skip 2 rounds on these to ensure time stayed around the same. I definitely have lots of work to do over head. 



Then

AirDyne - 25 second all out effort2:35 Rest off bike. 4 sets

The first two sets went as ok, since it was AirDyne work that means they were awful! On rounds 3 and 4 I really hit a wall for the last 5 seconds of the effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment