Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday January 15th, 2014


A. High Bar BAck Squats - 5-5-5-5-5
 I was able to go 225-245-255-260-265 on these. Reps felt pretty good. Last set was tough, 270 for 5 may be doable. I did have some popping in my knees, just noisy not painful. I need to get better at getting out of the pocket.



B. EMOM 16 minutes
  odds: 5 touch and go #275 deadlifts
  evens:  3 strict handstand push-ups



I held the #275 for the whole sequence, felt pretty solid. I had absolutely zero back issues on these. Looking at the video, I need to cycle them faster.  

The 3 strict HSPU felt solid and easy, not sure how fast I was moving on them, but these felt good. The volume was easy to handle. I did loose focus on round 6 and did not keep my core engaged and felt off after the 2nd, but went right back to hit number 3. All other rounds were completed unbroken.

C. AirDyne - 3 sets -  15s all out effort - 2:45 easy spin on bike. 


Wow. The 15 seconds was tough! I felt good through the first 10-11 seconds and then felt like I was fighting against the current. I was able to hit for 12 - 14 calories each of the 15 max effort segment, and held the pace to around 125 watts on the 2:45 easy spin. I definitely felt the AirDyne when I stepped away from the beast.

I feel pretty good after the work the past three days. No major issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment