Saturday, January 4, 2014

Accountability

It's been quite a while since I posted to my blog. I am going to try to keep this going a bit longer than last year. I have been following Patrick McCarty on his training blog (Training & Stirring) have have felt more motivated to share and reflect on my own training. Lately I have been following Ben Bergeron's Competitor's WOD blog to get outside of programing for myself, where I tend to avoid movements at which I don't necessarily excel.


Today's work:
Clean and Jerk
AMRAP in :20, rest 1:40 between rounds


3 rounds #195 hitting 3 reps, 3 reps, and 2 reps, first round felt solid, second round I went a bit fast on the 3 rep and felt loose in my lower back, the third round I was able to clean the third rep, but ran out of time to get it overhead. Overall pleased with the #195. I need to push this to establish my upper end on this lift. 

3 rounds #175 I was able to hit 4 reps on each. These felt pretty solid and light overall. 

3 rounds #155 I hit 5 reps each. Again these felt good, and I was able to cycle them and hold technique. 

3 rounds at #135 felt really good at this weight, I was able to hit 6 reps pretty clean. 

3 rounds at #115 I felt like I was not as solid on the reps, felt very light, and I was muscling it up to hit the 7 reps. 

Overall, this was a needed push with some reps at heavier weight and technique focus, I need to see how heavy I can go in the coming weeks. 

Metcon
21-15-9:
C2B
Burpee
400m run

I finish just over the 10 minute mark at 10:41, and I felt very off on the chest to bar pull-ups, I need to invest time in working on cycling these outside of a metcon. I tend to flail after 4-5 reps. The burpees were ok, and the runs felt better than they had in a few weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment