Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday January 13th, 2014


Later this week registration begins for the 2014 CrossFit Games Open. Today begins a training cycle that will prepare me for February 27th and beyond. Today was definitely a focus on my weaknesses. Being a bit of a cardio-jockey, I need to focus in being more proficient in the technical aspects if the lifts.  

A. Snatch Balance 1-1-1-1-1
Felt hard to drive under the bar without a dip. This is not a movement that I have done a lot. 

B.  Squat Snatch - 15 minutes to build to a max. 
I was able to successfully work out to #125, but could not get #135 locked out. I need to get smoother in the technique, keep the bar close, and work on my catch position. I need to invest some time with hip and shoulder mobility every day!



C1.  Shoulder Press  5-5-5-5-5  - rest 10 seconds
C2. Amrap CTB Pullups - 5 sets.  

Rest 2 minutes 

1 - #125 and 6 CTB - starting weight was probably too light, probably needed to hit a better warm-up, which would have let me connect more CTB.


2 - #130 and 10 CTB - weight was easy, form broke after 4 and the last 6 were a struggle. 

3 - #135 and 11 CTB - reps were solid, same issues with the form. 

4 - #145 and 10 CTB - really tough to get these with no dip/drive, tried a closed grip and felt stronger connection with the bar, but cycling did not feel as smooth. 

5 - #150 and 11 CTB - first 3 reps felt solid, struggled with rep 4 and could not get rep 5 up with out a dip, was able to cycle through the first 5, then had to reset to keep going. I don't drop off the bar, and barely got my chest to the bar on rep 11. 

This was a very different workout for me. I struggled with some of the position in the balance and squat snatch portions. I fell I should have been a bit more aggressive in my starting and initial weights on the third portion.  I need to invest time for getting smoother on my pull-up technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment