Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 28th, 2014

TUESDAY

Some days don't go exactly as planned. DUring yesterday's training, I tore a callus on my left hand during the last set of CTB pull-ups. The tear really hindered my grip for today's work.

Power Clean build quickly to a 5RM

I was able to get to #195 on this. I was able to hit 3 reps at #205 before not being able to maintain. I had hoped to go over #200, but I could get a solid grip with the tape covering the rip on my left hand. 



7 sets - focus on maintaining same time across all sets

3 muscle ups, 250m row, 9 WB #30, 50 DU. Rest 2 minutes. Try to hold the same time across all sets.

1 - 2:12, unbroken on the MUs, WBs, 1 miss on the DUs, row stayed in the mid-low 1:30s for 500 split. The #30 med ball was a whole new experience however.

2 - 2:12, another solid round, unbroken on everything this round, similar row. Recovery was slightly longer.

3 - 2:12, solid again, unbroken save for a single miss on the DUs, row ticked up to the high 1:30s recovery slightly longer

4 - 2:53 - missed on 3rd MU, tape come loose on the hand, rower reset and I had to bring up the monitor, stayed unbroken on the WBs and DUs. Row ticked up between high 1:30s and low 1:40s

5 - 2:19 - had a solid round, same split on the rower, unbroken WBs, a miss on the DUs

6 - 2:46 - came apart, singles and a couple of misses on MUs, row was high 1:40s, had a drop on 8th rep on WB, missed once on the DUs, recovery to a bit

7 - 3:41 - lost it again, singles and fails on MUs, 1:50 for the split, unbroken WB, a couple misses on the DUs, very spent after this round.

Looking back, i'm not sure if my grip was the biggest factor, or if it was the wear from the first time doing heavy WBs coupled with MUs and rowing that had the most affect on the failed MUs (which is where this one is made). 

No comments:

Post a Comment