Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20th, 2014

MONDAY
A. Snatch Balance 2-2-2-2-2 (#75, #95, #100, #105, #115)

I felt good during the lifts. I was too aggressive on the #115 so I went back and hit two good reps at #105. When I looked at the video, I realized I was (at most) parallel and not below. I really need to focus on getting lower!


B.  Squat Snatch - 15 minutes to build to a max. Focus on speed under the bar and successful reps only.  

This felt better than last week, and I was able to lock out on #130, and felt like I came closer on #135. I had #135 up, but didn't catch at depth. I am still having trouble with the position on the second and third pulls, and I need to focus on not jumping my feet as wide. Lots of room for improvement on this lift.



C1.  Shoulder Press  4-4-4-4-4 rest 10 seconds
C2. 5 x 10 CTB Pullups -  Rest 2 minutes 

1 - #135 - felt good on the press (a bit archy), and very good through 7 reps on the CTB.
2 - #135 - felt better than round 1, very good through 8 on the CTB.
3 - #135 - felt good, same as round 2, very good through 8.
4 - #140 - felt good, good through 8 CTB.
5 - #145 - felt tough, good through 8 CTB.

I felt pretty good with the #135 - #145 today, I think I can push into the #140s to start multiple reps in stead of a lighter weight. The CTB felt better than previous, I am starting to find my kipping rhythm on these, but I seem to loose focus/fall apart toward the end. I am probably bleeding off some energy in the early parts of these, I am pulling pretty high to start. I need to learn how to preform the butterfly to be able to move through these at a quicker and smoother pace.


then
For time: 40 burpees jumping to a target 6" above reach. 

I finished this in 1:43 and felt pretty strong when I finished, I think I could have pushed it a bit closer to the redline. I fell into a pretty good rhythm as I progressed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment