Tuesday, January 21, 2014

January 21st, 2014

TUESDAY

Squat Clean build quickly to a 3RM

I went for #185, #195, then finished at #205. Felt good, looking at the video, I need to pull-myself under the bar quicker. I got a bit stuck in the bottom on the #205 on the third rep.



then

7 sets - focus on maintaining same time across all sets

2 muscle ups

6 burpees over bar

9 Hang power cleans, #115

50 DU

Rest 2 minutes between sets.  

1 - 1:12 - felt solid, missed on DU # 4 then unbroken
2 - 1:09 - felt better, muscle ups were a bit sketchy before lockout, burpees went well, broke at 42 on DUs
3 - 1:10 - solid round, broke twice on DUs
4 - 1:03 - good round, hit my stride, unbroken DUs
5 - 1:07 - solid, unbroken on all reps
6 - 1:08 - solid again, felt a bit more winded when I started than previous rounds, unbroken
7 - 1:11 - went out fast and slipped up twice on DUs a couple of times, rushed them too much

Overall this was a positive training morning. I think I can go higher on the squat cleans. On the conditioning portion, I'm not sure where I can can some speed. There is a fine line with redlining it and being able to cycle the DUs at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment