Wednesday, January 22, 2014

January 22nd, 2014

WEDNESDAY
A. High Bar Back Squats - 4-4-4-4-4  2:00 rest between

#275 - #275 - #285 - #285

Felt pretty solid on these today. I think I can go a bit heavier. I'd like to get where #300 would be doable for 4.



B. EMOM 18 minutes
  odds: 4 touch and go heavy deadlifts #305
  evens:  4 strict handstand pushups



I went for 305 on the deads today, kept the bar close, stayed tight, and had zero back issues with this weight.

I stayed unbroken on the HSPU until the last round, and I hti for three and had to come out and go back for the final rep. The first few rounds felt solid, and I could feel the extra rep taking it toll as the rounds progressed. Also, my back may have started to fatigue a bit from the deads and I started to get real "archy" in the later (6-7-8) rounds.

Then

AD - 20 second all out effort - 2:40 easy spin on bike. 4 sets

WOW. I am quickly gaining a new respect for the AirDyne. I hit between 15-16 calories during the max effort and "glimpsed" (as I was struggling to breathe!) the wattage climb into the 600s. I hit for around 140+ calorie total for the whole 4 rounds. I felt strong through the first 12-14 seconds of the push then struggled to hold. I finished with 140+ calories total over the whole 4 sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment