Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23rd, 2014 Objects on the board are tougher than they appear

Thursday
A.  Hang Snatch from below knees.

Worked up to #135 successfully, 10 pounds better than last week. Positions felt better, I'm still jumping my feet too wide and missing some depth. I need to invest some time on my footwork.  Bar path felt better on second and third pulls. I failed at #145, looks like I get it high enough, but I can't seem to drop under and lock it out. 



B. Lactic Endurance

3 Rounds for time
15 AD Calories
10 Burpees

Round one felt good, then things got real. This was the start of the "tougher than it looks" work that often occurs. Back on the AirDyne and it felt like I was drowning. I struggled to keep the wattage in the high 300s/low 400s for this calorie set. Stepping off, I had to pause for a second to get my bearing before dropping into the burpees. Cycling them felt very slow. The third bout with the AD and I felt like I would never get to the 15 calorie mark, I kept waiting on the life preserver to be tossed, it felt like I was drowning. I managed to finish the burpees, they felt bad, no rhythm. I told myself to just keep moving. I finished this round in 3:28.

rest 5:00 It took almost a minute before I got my breathing under control. I felt like I had my legs back under me before I started the next set.

3 Rounds for time
15 CTB pullups
10 Box jumps

I stayed on the bar for the first set of 15 CTB pull-ups, and cycled the first 11ish well. The first round of box jumps I was bounding pretty solidly. I had to break up my second round of pull-ups into 4 - 4 - 4 - 3, form went south and I could not cycle these. The second round of box jumps was a mash-up of bounding and stepping down. The third round was a grind to get through. CTB fell apart, it felt like Open 13.5, I struggled on each of these. 3-2-4-3-3 on these. I hit the first five box jumps with step down and then bounded out the remaining five to finish at 3:44.

rest 5:00 It took a bit to get the breathing to calm down, but I felt solid going into the last set of work. 

3 Rounds for time
5  Power cleans #185
7 bar facing burpees

The #185 felt heavy the first round, and felt better for the last two rounds. I definitely had high hips on this and stayed high as fatigue creeped in during the sets. Burpees were ok across all the rounds.

I definitely needed this today to see how my body responded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment