Sunday, January 19, 2014

Saturday January 18th, 2014


SATURDAY
8:00 15 AirDyne cals + 3 ring dips on high rings + clean and jerks @ 185

I was able to get through 5 full rounds.  The AirDyne started to take my legs on round 3.  I went for singles on the #185 and did not miss any reps.  Felt very solid at that weight.  

4:00 rest

8:00 200m run + 10 hand-release push ups + max effort L-sit (on rings)

I got through 5 rounds on this as well. The first four runs felt solid, the 5th I felt slow! (Of coure I am on the runs anyway) the push-ups went quickly and I struggled on the L-Sit, only being able to hold for 15is seconds. 

4:00 rest

8:00 50 double-unders + 25m bear crawl w/low hips + 12 toes-to-bar

I went for 5 full rounds again. I went unbroken on the DUs the first 3 rounds, and broke at 38 in round 4 and 42 in round 5.  The first bear crawl was ok and the remaining rounds felt tough.  I was able to stay unbroken for all 5 on the toes-to-bar.  Very pleased with that as I usually lose it at 10 and have trouble on the additional rounds. 

4:00 rest

8:00 50m farmer carry heavy (#100 each hand if possible) + 3 wall walks + 15 air squats

I made it through 4 rounds and carried the dumbbells for another 25 meters. The #100 dumbbells went draining.  I hit the first 50 without sitting them down, and for the next 3 rounds I set them down at the 25m turn around. My grip was getting smoked! The wall walks felt solid and I used the air squats to get ready for the farmer's carry again.  

I felt pretty good with all if these movements and didn't get myself to the point where I lost it. I will be feeling this one for the remainder of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment