Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wednesday April 8th, 2015


Skill:
3 Rounds NFT 
3 #150 slam ball over shoulder 
3 bar muscle-ups 
10 Alt Pistols - good on left, ugly on right 

The over the shoulders with the #150 feels like a wrestling match at times, but I like moving this ball! The first set of bar muscle-ups was a total mess, probably a sign of not being properly warmed up. I hit 3 pretty easily in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The pistols are a huge weakness of mine. The left side felt ok, and the right side felt like dirt! My right side is where I had my first of several ankle sprains while playing basketball in high school and also the same one I sprained during mountain bike racing several years ago, and as it happens the same side I pulled my hip flexor a couple of years ago in the tough mudder! Of course looking at the video, the left side wasn't as good as I thought! I have to be wearing Oly shoes to have a shot at these anyway!




MetCon:
EMOM 12 
Odd - 50 DUs 
Even - 6-10 HSPU 

DUs were ok, I'm still getting used to my RPM rope, but I like it. I kept wondering why they were a mess during the 3rd set, and my shoe was untied! Hit 3 rounds unbroken. Really started to feel a shoulder pump from both movements during round 4 and it continued so I cut the HSPU to 6 from there out. 




Then for time 21-15-9 Slam ball over shoulder #100 Burpees 

5:19 - tough! 

I really wanted sub 5 on this workout, which is similar to a Master's Games workout from 2014. Times on that workout ranged from 3:56 to 5:25, although on that workout it was an #80 ball, not #100. This was just enduring the suck, and I may have gotten a bit dizzy along the way! I really should have cycled the 15s better during the burpee portion. 





No comments:

Post a Comment