Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday September 8th, 2015




A video posted by thadhaines (@thadhaines) on

Sometimes the training goes off the rails... this was a day I felt fortunate to be able to train, I was off, I'm tired, my sleep and nutrition has not been on point. My left knee is a bit swollen and achy. I was also coughing up a bunch of crud throughout the training this morning. I've falling behind the curve on those as I get my new gym ready...

09.08
A. Power snatch, build to a 1RM - #180 (may be a PR on the power version). I felt better on the #180 than the #175, I still keep jumping my right leg out to the side, instead of catching in a good/solid power position. That position looks better at #135, but still need to get more solid in positions.

B. Single-leg deadlift (not Romanian - start on floor), 3 x 6-8/leg, 31X0; :90 between legs - #95-very tough! I'm not sure if I was doing these correct, felt like I was, but video looked like an RDL from the floor...



+
5 sets for even times:
5 muscle-ups
7 burpees
9 kettlebell swings, 70
:90 walk rest
:56-:55-:55-:56-57 - all Muscle Ups Unbroken! I am still strict pressing out of the bottom of the turn-over, but I was glad to hit them without breaking today! I thought my arms very straigth on the KBS, but they looked a bit bendy on video.



1 attempt: best row pace in 5 pulls (recommend damper @ 10 and long, very aggressive pulls right from the start) - 1:20 - fell off the tower on stroke 4...didn't retest...

+ 3 sets: :35 row @ 97% 4:55 rest

All 1:28.8 and 197 meters - off today...felt a bit fried at this point and was just trying to survive this piece today...

Only a little bit more to do on the gym then I'll be back to a more normal routine...the place has come a long way!










No comments:

Post a Comment