Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday April 28th, 2014



A. Back Squat - 3 x 10 @ 65% of 1RM. Rest 2:00

I went with #205 on these today, no Oly shoes either. I'm trying to improve my mobility without the added equipment for help.


B. Hang snatch (mid-thigh) - 5 sets of 3 reps @ 65% of 1RM


I used #95 on these. My turnover felt slow. I'm also dealing with a hyper-extended thumb that is an issue on the turnover and in overhead position. This just popped up Saturday morning, and only seems to be an issue on Snatching.


C. Halting Snatch Deadlift (hip) - 80% (of snatch) x 3 x 3

I used #145 on these. Not a problem, positions felt solid.

D. Overhead Squat - 5 sets of 3 reps at 65% of 1RM

I used #(5 on this as well, focused on depth and had the same thumb, wrist issue, although it felt better toward the end.


then:


50 Burpees for time.

I finished these in 1:56. I then I could have gone a bit faster at the start. i was at 28 at the minute mark. 

Tomorrow, I'll see if the thumb, hand issue limits me on any of the work. i'll play it a bit conservative. 



No comments:

Post a Comment