Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday April 16th, 2014

Today was the last day to prime the pump before the Master's Qualifier workouts are announced by CrossFit HQ on the games site Thursday night.  Overall today felt pretty good.  I had. Mysterious pop/crack sound in my right knee that sounded bad, but didn't hurt. Of course by the time the thrusters were finished, you couldn't hear it anymore!
A. Clean and jerk gaunlet. EMOM. Start at 135 and add #10 every minute till max.

I worked up to #225 with successful reps.  I failed my first attempt at #235, was able to clean it on my second attempt, but could not get it overhead. Overall pretty satisfied with this portion. I need to get more comfortable getting under the weight.  



B. 7 Minute AMRAP 85%
7 thrusters #95
7 bar facing burpees
7 kbs #88
I went unbroken on all of the thrusters and kettlebell swings. The burpees probably gases me the most for some reason, probably coming after the thrusters.  I was able to get through 4 rounds, 7 thrusters and 2 burpees.  


Video for the AMRAP
(I'll change to embed later)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFNGBnY1eK4

Then
:60 row, all out.
  I hit 32 calories on this portion.  I felt strong for the first 30ish seconds and then faded just a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment