Monday, April 7, 2014

Monday, April 7th 2014

Today was a bit bit heavier than usual and I was able to get some time in under the new Rogue Stubby Axle!


A. Snatch clusters 4 x 1.1.1, :20 between reps, rest: 2:00. Focus on speed/quality reps.

I worked up to #155, but I had a fail and two rather sketchy reps. I'm a little more confident in hitting this than a couple of month ago, but I really need dial these. My technique is not smooth, especially the second and third pulls. I'm not keeping it close enough.

B. Snatch pulls 3 x 3 rest as needed, 105% of max in A.

I used #175 for these(missed my math just a bit). These were not very smooth feeling.

C. Axel power clean. Work to a heavy single in 15 minutes

I was able to work up to #200 on the axle. I missed my first attempt and hit the second. These are going to take some time to get comfortable (relative term with an axle).
















Then For time:

25 HSPU
25 TTB
25 STO, #165 on Axel
25m. Walking lunge w/ Axle in Front rack #165

I finished this one in 12:15. The weight and movements were tough. I strung together 9 Kipping HSPU to start, then fell apart on them. I could nt find a good cycle with them. I moved to the TTB and knocked them out relatively quickly, hitting 8-8-5-4 before moving onto the STO. The #165 on the axle felt heavy! I broke the reps up: 5-4(fails to lock out 5)-3-3-4-5 and then moved onto the lunge. The lunge was very tough! I broke twice on the walk. 

All in all, I felt pretty ok this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment