Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday, April 14th 2014

The CrossFit Games online Master's Qualifier is just a few days away, so I put in some work this morning.

A. Snatch Clusters 4 set x 2.2.2 with a 20s rest in between.

My working weights were #75, #95, #115 and #125. Mixed results on these. My technique is not dialed yet. 

B. Power Cleans 3 - 2 - 1 - 1

I worked up to #205 for a triple, #215 for a double, and singles of #220. I had very slow elbows today. My back was really arched, and I was catching with a full grip instead of a good front rack. 

C. Walking Overhead Lunges with Axle Bar x 12 steps

I completed the first four sets with #110 and finished the last set with #130. These felt surprisingly good compared to the rest of the work. 



D. AirDyne 5 sets 1 min high aerobic effort / 1 min easy spin with 1 min max effort for calories at the end

I held the high effort in the 300s on the wattage, and the low effort in the low 100s. This was a tough grind. I went immediately into the max effort after the last easy spin and was able to hold the 500s for the first 15 seconds, and then began to fall off. I was able to keep the entire minute over the 350 wattage range, I finished with 29 calories. This was a definite improvement over last week. I think I've put the sick crude behind me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment