Saturday, April 12, 2014

Saturday April 12th, 2014

Today's session was heavy for me. In the past I have stayed away from the heavier weights, today was about getting out of my comfort zone. 

Strength:
In 15 minutes and taken from the ground establish a 3 rep max overhead squat.

I was able to work up to #180 on this one. It's been a while since I've tried to max out on the overhead squat, and this was well above what I was doing for a single a year ago. I still need to work on mobility on the ankles and hips (mainly ankles). Today, I felt like I was failing at my wrists.



then for time:

7-5-3

Squat Cleans #215
Muscle Ups



This was humbling. I was hoping to finish under 7 minutes, and it ended up being 12:27. The weight was tough for me. When I worked to a max out on the squat clean earlier in the week, I was only able to get under #215, so this was close to a max for me. The first round of 7 had several fails in it. Most of the misses were failure to keep the bar close, early arm pull, and slow elbows on the turn over.   The muscle ups were fine, I broke them into 4-3. The round of 5s had a fail, and I actually ended up doing 6 because for some reason I lost my ability to count to five (crazy how that works). I went unbroken on the muscles ups. The round of 3 was better than the others, I had one fail and then went unbroken on the muscle ups. This was hard. I felt slow and weak on the squat cleans. 

On a positive note, whatever cold/infection I've been struggling with the past few days seems to have broken and I felt better, not 100% but better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment