Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday, April 26th 2014


I decided to do the final workout form the 2013 Master's CrossFit Games:

For time
100 DUs
100m run
4 rope Climbs
100m run
30 Axle Bar Front Squats #130
100m Farmer Carry #70 DB
20 Alt DB Snatch #70
100m run

I finished this in 8:46, which is 1:38 faster than I did it last summer. Looking at the movements, I broke once on the DUs, didn't stall too much on the rope climbs, broke the cleans into 6s, didn't set the DBS down on the carry, and struggled a bit with the snatches.   The runs were ok, I'm not going to be a fast runner. The break on the DUs came as I move to stay out of the way from my buddies runs for their workout. I need to dial in some technique on the rope climbs, I am using too much arms and not using my legs enough.  The axle cleans were tough for me to stay in a solid front rack. I need to work on hip, ankle and shoulder mobility. Gains in this would help staying upright, and ease the load on my knees as well.  The framer carry was fine, after carrying 100s and more on the handle carries, these weren't a problem.   Going overhead for the snatches kicked my tail a bit.  I told myself to just keep picking up the DB and to drop and use my legs.  

Overall I am pleased with how this one turned out.  Of course this is a workout that is closer to my wheelhouse than some.  I felt better on the axles than last time, and didn't set down the DB on the carry either. Next week it will be back to work on the holes in my game and back to dialing in my nutrition. I've been hitting a few #vicefriday type days! These are good to reset the system every now and then.  

No comments:

Post a Comment