Saturday, June 20, 2015

June 20th, 2015 Got the day started off right with some #caffeine and then some #kilos!



Dropped into @Crossfit720 -very cool place, and good people! Thanks for letting me train Armando!

A. Overhead squat, build quickly to a crisp single @ 205 - no Oly shoes, knee sleeves or wrist wraps! This felt pretty solid. Looking at the video I need to get my felt at a better angle.

B. 1 halting snatch-grip (pause just below knees) + 1 snatch pull, 3 x 1 @ 195; 2:00 rest - felt solid
Videos for these are at the bottom.

Then For 12:00:
Evens:3 muscle-ups
Odds: 15 unbroken wall balls, 20 to 10

Started to feel the altitude a bit on the wall balls, which forced me to focus on my breathing. I'm starting to realize that I need to be more thoughtful about my breathing so that I can maximize my output.



3 rounds not for time:
12 light Trap 3, 30X0 - #15 felt very solid today

10 hip extensions - GHD were out on loan for a local comp, so I had to improvise with a plyo box, abmat and the wall...range of motion was as full as I'd like, but I made do.

8 alternating pistols (no Oly shoes meant using a #10 plate to scale for ankles) - still need to work on the ankle flexibility and hamstring tightness to get better at these.


No comments:

Post a Comment