Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday January 29th, 2015

Thursday:

Warm-Up:
2 rounds 100 meter row
5 pause squats + 5 squats
5 ring turnovers + 5 dips
8 TTB
5 muscle snatch + 5 Snatch balance + 5 drop snatch

Strength: A. Build to a heavy snatch - #165 - mess, shoulder felt awful, I don't think the warm-up was quite enough for me today. Also, my sleep was not very good last night, probably less than 6 hours of sleep total for the night.

B. Build to a heavy weighted pull up - #93, these have felt week for me lately. I don't seem to have the strength in these that I've had in the past.


 then:

“Amanda”
9-7-5
Muscle ups (7-2, 4-3, 3-2-the last was was slow and ugly, but NO fails!)
Snatches #135 (all singles, and a couple of fails)

7:21 - not there yet Improved over 3 min since the Maste's Qualifier (10:23), but still out side of that sub-6 and nowhere near Shawn Ramirez  who was under 4! I need to improve at cycling those snatches. I also need to overcome the fear of failing these, I'm not confident of hitting the snatch under fatigue. The MUs felt pretty good today, I'd like to be able to hit the opener unbroken, but 7-2 was solid. Right at the 40s mark to come off of that first set. I'm uploading video so I should have it posted later. Overall I'm a bit disappointed with it today. i need to be faster, stronger in the positions and get after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment