Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thursday May 1st, 2014

Thursday:

Power Snatch - 4 sets of 3 @65% 1RM
#115 - these felt ok. I tried to keep my feet from moving too much and am continuing to not use the oly shoes for right now, to improve my mobility and positioning without the extra aid.

Power Clean - 4 sets of 3 @65% 1RM
#155 - really tried to get under and release my grip on the catch. Lots of work to go for this one.

Power Jerk - 4 sets of 3 @65% 1RM
#155 - I feel I have a lot of solid technique work to invest on this one. I'm not dropping under and I need to use the pop off of my shoulders more.

Snatch High-Pull - 70% x 3 x 3
#135 - this felt ok. High pulls are a "strength" of mine, it's just getting under and finishing that is real tough. I know this will add to my overall strength and get me where I want to be!



3 sets; no rest:
600 m row
15 DB push press - #55

I finished this in 10:38. I struggled on the push press. Went 10-5, 5s, and 8-4-3 on the last round. I don't feel quite as strong on the rower as I felt a year ago, probably because my overall rowing volume is lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment