Monday, January 14, 2013

Special Not Required

Not everyday has to have something special. Not a big, momentous event that is talked about for years to come. Not some inspired connection that changes your outlook.

Too often we go through life wanting everything to be perfect, and exciting, and special. When in actuality, you have to find the special in your daily life. You have to embrace the "ok". You begin to realize that each day, hour, minute, and second is precious in it's own right. Each experience is special, not matter how mundane it may seem at the time, and typical it seems at the time. Savor the moment, for it is precious and will never come again.


The Weekend Work:


Saturday AM


My morning workout crew completed a Crossfit Benchmark "Girl" workout. This Saturday's was:


"Diane"

21 - 15 - 9 Reps for time of
#225 Deadlift
Handstand Push-ups

I am able to finish in 6:19. This was my first go around with Diane. I felt good on the set of 21 and through the 15 deadlifts. I began to struggle on the remainder of the HSPU, felt good again on the 9 deadlifts, and again struggled on HSPU. I need to add more of the HSPU into my programming. During the stretching afterwards I was able to connect on three straight bar muscle-ups without coming of the bar!


After this workout I was able to get out on the bike for some much needed time to enjoy the awesome weather we were having on Saturday! I will never complain about being hot in January, as the temps soared into the 60s. 




As Sunday rolled around, it was obvious that I was not going to get out on the bike due to the persistent rain. So I went back tot the box and completed a WOD from next weekends Crossfit Countdown Throwdown.

Sunday Work:
3 rounds for time
500 meter row
15 sit-ups
20 wall balls (with #20 medicine ball)

I was able to complete it in 9:19, but I was smoked. I definitely need to work on the rowing, I have really let that slack on the last couple of months. 

After this, I gave myself 10 minutes to work up to a 1 rep max on cleans. I was able to put up #215 with was a personal best for me! Still need lots of mobility and technique work to eliminate weaknesses. 



No comments:

Post a Comment