Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Frozen Tundra


It was back on the bike after "The Throwdown", and Joe and i were able to get in two great rides this weekend!




Sunday
Early in morning, we loaded up and headed to Scioto Trail State Forest to get in some gravel road climbs. The bike of choice was the Redline D460. Definitely the correct choice, as I could feel the completion from Saturday in my legs and needed the gears.

We were very lucky, the starting temperature was 34 degrees and the ride finished at 32 degrees. It was very odd waking up at 6:30 to over 40 degrees and watching it plummet as the morning rolled on, and the sun came up and stayed out.







Monday


Today, we finally got back to the trail! It has been far too long since I have been I've had that thin ribbon of singletrack beneath my knobbies! Being on the trail is always a tremendous motivator for my riding! I felt like I could spend all day out there, but I have limited time and the temperature was dipping into the lower 20s during the ride. The "tuffed up" dirt, where the water has frozen and exppanded, really added and extra level to the ride today. My comparison was to doing banded squats!

Since this is a shorter post than normal, please enjoy the video below form today's ride.







No comments:

Post a Comment