Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Just a typical day

via crossfit.ca

School started back today, so it was back to the 5:30 AM workouts for me and several of our teachers. Today we completed a "Hero" WOD from the Crossfit HQ Mainsite. This was one that was published on Monday, Decemebr 31st, 2012.

Below is the Hero WOD via Crossfit:

"Loredo"
Six rounds for time of:
24 Squats
24 Push-ups
24 Walking lunge steps
Run 400 meters

U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Edwardo Loredo, 34, of Houston, Texas, assigned to the 2nd Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, based in Fort Bragg, North Carolina, was killed on June 24, 2010 in Jelewar, Afghanistan, when insurgents attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. He is survived by his wife, First Sergeant Jennifer Loredo; his daughter, Laura Isabelle; his stepdaughter, Alexis; and his son, Eduardo Enrique.


I have completed a few Hero WODs and they afford me the opportunity to pay a small tribute in my own way to the men and women who have lost their lives in service to our country. These workouts always pose a challenge either mental or physical (usually both) to push you beyond what you normal comfort zone may be. 

WOD:
Warm-up
400 meter Run
10 squat holds (5 sec)
10 push-ups
10 sit-ups
10 strict pull-ups

Burgener Warm-up

Band work on legs

then "Loredo"

Cool Down - yoga stretch

I was able to complete the work in 19:51 (my goal starting the work was subbing 20 minutes). It still holds that I hate running! I am not very fast, and these WODs always push me out of my comfort zone (which is a good thing).

The ride portion of the day:

The month of #Manuary is upon us, so the ride after school today was frosty with the temperature sitting around 31 for the ride. i was bundled up in the typical Mavic, Pearl, and windstopper and stayed warm for the 38 minutes it took to ride. 

I really enjoy being able to get out on the bike with Joe after school. it gives me a chance to unwind from the day. A lot of the time it feels like PD, as we end up discussion various things throughout the day from both of our schools.



I was able to refuel with some paleo BBQ chicken! (I'll post the recipe later if I get the chance).






No comments:

Post a Comment