Thursday, January 10, 2013

Finish?

Can I finish? There are times during a workout when we all face that doubt, where we must find a way to push through the difficulty, to finish. When we go to that place just outside out comfort zone, we make gains. We find out about ourselves and how will we function during adversity. 

Those thoughts ran through my head during my second set of wall walks today. Once we were into the second round, and I saw the end in sight, I found a second push to finish. 

Today's Work:
Warm-up:
400 meter run
3 rounds
Sampson stretch
10x overhead squats with PVC
10x push-ups
10x sit-ups
10x strict pull-ups

then

WOD
3 rounds for time
25 box jumps (24")
2 wall walks
25 deficit push-ups (#25 plates)
2 wall walks
25 goblet squats (1 pood kettlebell)
2 wall walks

I was able to finish in 12:11. I really felt this test my capacity to maintain a high level throughout the workout. The wall walk- push-up - wall walk sequence was simply brutal, my arms and shoulders were toasted! The total volume for my total training today is much lower, as I didn't ride tonight. Hopefully the couple of days off the bike will prepare me for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment