Sunday, August 17, 2014

Finishing out the Week


THURSDAY

A. 2-position Hang Snatch - mid thigh then below knee: build to a tough single in no more than 15 minutes: Worked up to #150, the mid thigh was a bit sketchy coming out of the bottom, the below the knee felt good!



Then:

6 minute AMRAP
Run 100m
6 box jumps (step down) 24"
8 alt DB snatches, #70

Finished 4 rounds and 100 meter run. The runs felt slow! 

rest 4:00
6 minute AMRAP
4 burpee muscle ups
5 power snatch, #125

Finished 3 rounds, 4 muscle ups (no fails) and 2 power snatches. I took my time before hitting the muscles ups to make sure I didn't fail any. I was a bit conservative on the snatches in round 1, all singles, I started cycling them more as I progressed.  I think 4+ rounds are very doable for me.

rest 4:00
6 minute AMRAP
30 double unders
7 HSPU
8 HPC #125

3 rounds, 30 DUs, 7 HSPU, and 7 HPC. Almost hit 4 full rounds, the HSPU were a sticking point again. All DUs and HPC were unbroken.

SATURDAY:

A. 1 set amrap muscle ups - only hit 4, just not feeling these today.

B. 10 minutes HSW Practice - still very much a struggle.

C. Clean gauntlet: 1 clean (squat or power) every minute adding #20 each rep. Topped out at #235, then hit #240. Tried #245 (my PR, but couldn't get under it). I definitely need to work my squat cleans and my catch on the power cleans. #SlowElbows!

1 set:
15 CTB pullups; 10 burpee box jump overs; 4 STO, #185

finished in 2:05, not rhythm on the Pull-ups today. I've noticed lately that when the barbell gets heavy after the body-weight movements, I really struggle! Going from the ground with it I went single-single-double. I wasn't trusting the power jerk!

rest as needed

1 set:
10 deficit HSPU 6"
1 rope climb
100' farmer carry, #100 per hand

finished in 2:10, HSPU are a huge weakness for me! All singles on those today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment