Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 6th and 7th - 2014

WEDNESDAY
A. Split jerk building to a heavy single - Worked up to #230, flet pretty solid on all of these.

B. Deadlift: 10 x 3 @ 275, went smooth

Then:
EMOM 12:
Evens: 8 walking lunges, #145 overhead
Odds: 10 Toes to bar

TTB were not an issue, I was able to go unbroken on these. The OH walking lunges were another story, #145 was very tough! Broke near the end on some. 

Then:
For time: 50 pull-ups, min sets of 5 - these were very tough on me, did in sets of 5 and finished in 3:10, the last time I did this I was sub 2 minutes, just not feeling the pull-ups right now.


THURSDAY:
A. 2-position Hang Snatch - mid thigh then below knee: build to a tough single in no more than 15 minutes - I worked up to #145, these felt pretty solid, if I and gone a little faster, I think I could have topped out at a higher single. 

Then:
8 minuteAMRAP
Row 250m, 10 wallball, 8 alt DB snatches, #70

finished 3 rounds and 6 wall balls. This one go tougher in the later rounds, DB snatches got spicy.
rest 4:00

8 minuteAMRAP
15 AD cals, 2 burpee muscle ups

Finished 4 rounds and 10 calories on the AD. This was solid, no misses on the muscle ups. 

rest 4:00
8 minute AMRAP
25 double unders, 6 HSPU, 8 KBS #70

Finished 4 rounds and 25 DUs, 6 HSPU and 4 KBS. Went unbroken on the first round, broke the HSPU into 3-3 on rounds 2, then came apart a bit in round 3 on them. Still, it was an improvement. 

Overall these two days felt very solid!





No comments:

Post a Comment