Thursday, March 6, 2014

Wednesday March 5th, 2014

This week has been about trying to keep things sharp for 14.2 coming Thursday evening.

A. In 10 minutes work up to a heavy (not a max) thruster

I worked up to #185, nothing huge, just getting under some weight for a few reps.

B. 5:00 Amrap: 3 Thrusters, 100/65, 3 CTB, then 6, then 9, then 12, etc.

During 2012, the open finished with a 7 min version of the workout, and I finished it with 12 full rounds and 10 reps. Today I finished this 5 minute version with 12 full rounds and 14 reps (definitely a significant improvement over 2 years ago). This couplet, in particular, always smokes me. I need to really invest more time in my front rack position so that I can use it to support the bar on the squat portion of the thruster and not spend my grip strength on the bottom portion of this lift.

C. Rest 10 minutes then:

D. 1 set AMRAP toes to bar

I hit for 17 of these, not real smooth toward the end as my grip was starting to go from two days of CTB pull-ups


E. 10 Min. Z1 spent rowing just trying to keep the blood flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment