Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday March 8th, 2014

It was back to the gym this morning after a somewhat disappointing showing on 14.2 last night. I finished with 141 reps, 3 shy of making the round of 16s. The CTB pull-ups really smoked me, and I was never in a great rhythm for them. I was down to singles at the end. I feel as though I can make the 16s on a retest (looking like Monday at Alpha Pack in Portsmouth). I don't the bar after OHS #13 during the second set of 14s, I thought it was 14, and would have probably had enough time to get the remaining 3 pull-ups if that hadn't happened. You find weak spots during these Open workouts, because as one of my buddies stated "That guy (Castro) knows what he's doing!"

Saturday's Work:

A. Snatch tech work: build to a tough single in 15 minutes


Went to #145, worked on positioning and getting deep. Just tried to groove the muscle sthat were still a bit fatigued from the previous night.

B. EMOM 12 minutes

a. Evens: 30 seconds Airdyne 90%


The AD always sucks it out of me!

b. Odds: 10 UB wallball, heavy or high

I went heavy(#30) on these, and tried to find my groove. I found a position that felt good. The #30 med ball makes it interesting, because it's not a Dynamax, it's kinda lumpy and isn't always even on the catch!

C. Rest 10 minutes then:

D. Max set double unders – 3 attempts

I went for 110, 114, and 104 for my 3 attempts, Pretty pleased with these. I seem to have this skill, now I need to add Butterfly pull-ups to the quiver!

E. 10 Min. Z1 of choice


Hopped on the bike to spin out the legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment