Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Tuesday March 4th, 2014

Back to the training today after hitting Open 14.1 over the weekend. The overall volume today was less than the past few weeks. I always feel like I need more volume or heavier loads. I have to maintain my focus on being ready for the Open workouts on the weekend and trusting the preparation I already have in the bank to see me through.

A. HBBS 3-2-1 at 85% effort. 3:00 rest

After hitting some warm-ups sets to prep my legs, I went #255 for 3, #275 for 2 and #295 for 1. My legs felt good and felt like I was able to get low and drive out of the hole. 

B. EMOM 10:00

Evens: 1 clean pull, 1 power clean, work up to 85% of 1RM
Odds: 7 CTB Pullups

I used #195 for the clean pulls and power cleans. These felt solid, I was able to keep my feet from flying way out on the first 3 rounds, but the last 2 I did get a bit wide on the catch. I need to work on getting a better drop an catch by getting my hips down versus getting my feet wide.

The CTB pull-ups felt real solid today, I hit all 7 unbroken in good rhythm,

C. 3 sets, :30 row at very high effort, 3:30 rest

I hit for 17 calories, 17 calories, and 19 calories in each of my sets on the rower. This felt pretty good as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment