Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ridin Solo

The weather inched close to freezing and the sun was out for a slightly more pleasant ride tonight. Parent Teacher Conferences at WCS tonight meant I rolled alone. Tried to keep the heart rate near zone 5. Not really sure what that means, but it was a number on the Garmin and all those real rider types like Jeff Kerkove seem to do zone training so that means I should too! 10 miles later and I was spent, but a good spent.

I really love being on the bike after-school. It helps let me melt away the day, not that there was much melting going on at 27 degrees, but...

After the ride, I was able to fit in a quick body weight workout:

10 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats starting on the minutes for 10 minutes. Great for the core and total body fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment